Licensed theme parties often get a bad rap as not being stylish enough or being a little on the tacky side but let's face it, our kids LOVE them and it is their party after all. I know a few mums that get torn between doing the stylish party that they themselves would love to create or doing the theme party that their child so desperately wants but if you ask me you can do both. Here I give my top 5 tips to make this theme party they've been waiting all year for, something you will both be proud of.
1. Less Is More - Don't get too carried away with the licensed theme products, choose a few key pieces that you could use to set the theme of the party rather than buying every single licensed theme product you can find. Some good pieces to start with are a plates, napkins, cups and a few balloons.
2. Choose A Colour That Compliments Your Theme - Once you've found your licensed theme products in step one choose a colour that stands out from within those products and use it for the rest of you party supplies. For example for a Batman themed party this could be yellow or black, for a girls Paw Patrol themed party this could be pink or purple. Use the colour you've decided on for the remainder of your party supplies - eg. balloon garlands, table covers, hanging decorations, etc. And don't be afraid to pick more than one colour. You can go overboard on the licensed theme decorations but you can never have too many plain colour decorations so don't be afraid to go all out on these.
3. Food To Match - Don't forget to keep the theme going in the food. Dessert tables are a huge aspect of your child's party and really help to set the scene. This doesn't mean you need to stamp every party food item with a themed logo but do create, bake and cook items that compliment your licensed theme's colour palette.
4. Entertainment - Party games are a great way to keep the kids entertained during the party and licensed themes always include some form of party game. Combine this with a few of the more traditional games to create some balance.
5. Leave A Lasting Impression - One of the most important items for your party guests would have to be the Party Favour Bags. Choose items that really convey the theme of your party. Most licensed themes have a great range of inexpensive party favours from blowouts to temp tattoos and even lip glosses. So choose a few cute themed favours for your guests to remember the fantastic party you just created.
Frozen Party by Noel Nassar Events Pic by Mimi Rouh Photography
LOL Surprise Party Pic by Erica Vighi Foto
Comments will be approved before showing up.